Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Well Green Lantern fans your time has come!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member TrueHorror's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    899
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ComicBookResources was the original reporter of the following news.

    Quote:
    This word comes from within DC Comics, where some creative minds are feeling frustrated. No sooner do they bring back Hal Jordan than this happens.

    It seems that the overseeing Warner Bros. is looking into developing "Green Lantern" as a movie property. The Lantern in question that WB is focusing on is not fan favorite (and currently returning Lantern) Hal Jordan, but the recent headliner Rayner. And not only is the planned "Green Lantern" movie featuring the Kyle Rayner Green Lantern character, but the executive in charge of making the Green Lantern movie wants to make it a comedy. The top choice being thrown around for the ring bearer?

    Jack Black. "


    I originally heard Adam Sandler but this is even worse!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member *marv*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That can't be real.

    I hope.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 0193081's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    3,000
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love WB and DC's retardation. It makes me laugh.


    Damn I'm glad I'm not a DC fan.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,837
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ugggg, no thanks. I am a HUGE GL fan and if any of that is true I will not be seeing it or supporting it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member TrueHorror's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    899
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Make mine Marvel!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Thew's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    2,347
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DC Comics are fuckin idiots

  7. #7
    Inactive Member moviemaniacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2004
    Posts
    317
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by TrueHorror:
    Make mine Marvel!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">word

    although since I'm not a GL fan, I would see it. Jack Black is hilarious. And face it, it couldn't be any worse than Batman & Robin. At least they'd TRY to make it funny

  8. #8
    Inactive Member TrueHorror's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    899
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Thew:
    DC Comics are fuckin idiots
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">says the man with the dc flavored sig and avvy

  9. #9
    Inactive Member blackrhyno's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2004
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DC is tired of marvel getting all that money from movies and have decided to throw their hat into the fire. Green Lantern would be a GREAT movie if done properly. With cartoons and comice book renditions of GL, I don't ever remember there being a fat moron as any GL from any planet.
    Don't get me wrong Jack Black is a good actor in certain areas but alas no GL is he. Well unless he dropped 75 lbs. and muscled up ALOT!!!
    Ok I'll shut up now.

  10. #10
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    OK, now that I have caught my ass from rolling down the stairs after I laughed it off........

    Holy shit! I want what the guy that thought up the combination of actor and character on that one!

    I can see it now - Green lantern outfit not fitting at the waist.

    Ring substituted for a guitar.

    Powers can only be used when trying to sing a cover of an AC/DC song from the early 70s

    jeesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •